Monday, December 7, 2009

I suffer from Diet Surplus Disorder!

Yes, I suffer from DSD (Diet Surplus Disorder) or at least that's what I like to call it. Too many diets to choose from...South Beach, Weight Watchers, Atkins, The Grapefruit diet, etc., etc., etc.,. One of my issues with sticking to a diet is that I get bored within a few weeks. So, I have decided to try a new approach. I am going to stick with a diet until I find I'm trying to convince myself that ice cream counts as a dairy portion and then I am going to move onto a new diet. During this torture...I mean process, I'm going to review the diet regularly and give updates on my progress. If anyone would like to join me or has any pointers or words of encouragement, I'd love the support! I have a fair amount of weight to lose (60lbs +) so I'll be on quite a few diets, I'm sure! Here is my selection of diets...

The No-Fail Diet, Leslie Beck, RD
The Flat Belly Diet, Cynthia Sass & Liz Vaccariello
The Beck Diet Solution, Judith Beck
The Biggest Loser 30-Day Jump Start, Cheryl Forberg
The Eat Clean Diet, Tosca Reno
The Devil’s Diet, Anita Lover
The Maker’s Diet, Jordan Rubin (I thought I’d select this diet just in case I need to repent for any sins committed while being on the Devil’s diet)
So You Think You’re Fat & Ugly Diet, Donald Wayne Eaker (Can you tell that my weight has done a number on my self-esteem?)
YOU: On a Diet: The Owner's Manual for Waist Management, Dr. Michael Roizen and Dr. Mehmet Oz
Joy's Life Diet, Joy Bauer

Diet selections are likely to be added and/or changed due to the availability of books or due to crazy anecdotes required by the authors. (i.e.-I will not eat wheatgrass or wrap myself in plastic wrap for weeks - Well, I might consider a few days.)

No comments:

Post a Comment