Wednesday, December 9, 2009

The No-Fail Diet - Leslie Beck, RD

My first diet choice is The No-Fail Diet by Leslie Beck, RD. This diet has no gimmicks. It’s just common sense. Lots of fruit, vegetables, carbs low on the glycemic index, low fat protein and dairy products. There are four steps to the diet – eat every 3-4 hours, have protein at every meal, watch your portion sizes, and use a food journal to track your food intake.
There are 3 phases to the diet. Phase 1 – jump start your weight loss with fewer carbs. Phase 2 – here you will be until you lose all the weight you wish to. Phase 3 – maintenance.
Exercise includes 4 cardio and 3 strength training workouts per week. I’m not really sure how effective the workouts are. They are far from strenuous. I suppose time will tell.
I’ve been on the diet for 1 week and have not weighed myself since day 1. I'm going to weigh myself once I've been on the diet for 2 weeks. If I don’t see weight loss a couple of days in a row, I become easily unmotivated. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment