Sunday, January 31, 2010

The Flat Belly Diet - Final Results

I've completed 31 out of 32 days of the Flat Belly Diet! By Liz Vaccariello and Cynthia Sass, RD. I've lost an impressive 8 lbs but I have to confess that I cheated the last couple of days. No, I haven't been into the ice-cream again. I actually cheated by repeating the last 2 days of the intitial 4 day "jumpstart" portion of the diet and I'm sure I dropped another 1 or 2 lbs because of it. Well, I'm ready to move on to another diet. I don't think I'd want to do this diet long term. I missed having things like yogurt and eggs but I'd definitely recommend this diet for a month.
Likes - I definitely liked the 4 day "jumpstart" to the diet. I would use the 4 day "jumpstart" again if I had been eating poorly - lots of junk food and I just wanted to feel better. I also really liked the sassy water. Unlike most diets where you feel like you're forcing yourself to drink 8 glasses of water a day, this was very easy to drink. I also liked being able to eat things like olives, peanut butter, nuts and pesto as "MUFA's" (mono-unsaturated fatty acids) are a must with every meal.
Dislikes - The diet consists of 4- 400 calorie meals a day. I just can't lose weight on that many calories. I often cut out a meal and replaced it with a 100 - 150 calorie smoothie containing only milk and frozen fruit. I was also not keen on 6 days of exercise a week. I found this not very doable. Lastly, I was not thrilled with many of the recipes. They just felt like they were lacking something.

Stats for the Flat Belly Diet!
Weight - lost 8 lbs
Bust - lost .75"
Waist - lost 1.5"
Hips - lost 1.5"
BMI - 32.95

Totals to date
Weight - lost 12 lbs
Bust - lost 1.5"
Waist - lost 3"
Hips - lost 2"
Initial BMI was 35.22 - down 2.27 to 32.95

My next diet choice really isn't a diet. It is The Beck Diet Solution By Judith S. Beck, Ph.D. The premise of this book is to teach dieters to control their eating through cognitive behaviour. While completing the exercises in the book, you are to follow any healthy diet of your choice. I have chosen Weight Watchers. Stay posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment