Sunday, February 7, 2010

The Beck Diet Solution - Thinking like a thin person

I'm one week into The Beck Diet Solution and I've chosen to do this book with Weight Watchers. Again, the premise of this book is to change your behaviour and way of thinking around food. I've done Weight Watchers, I'm sure, a hundred times before and yes, I'm bored with it. I figure If the premise is to think differently about food, it really shouldn't matter what diet I do as it's all in the mind.
According to the book, I must put my reasons for wanting to lose weight on paper and I have to read those reasons to myself several times a day. I am also to put any sabotaging thoughts down on paper and then write a contradicting response to the initial thought and read these as often as required too. Each daily exercise is to get me one step closer to thinking like a thin person. Today I am to differentiate between hunger, desire and cravings by writing down how my stomach feels before, during, immediately after and twenty minutes after each meal. Other examples...Day 10-set a realistic goal and day 33-eliminate emotional eating.
I don't know if I've lost any weight this week. I had family over for dinner last night and I had 9 Weight Watcher points more than I was supposed to yesterday ( that's probably equal to 450 calories) but I did take them out of my weekly reserve so I really haven't gone off the diet.
For those who are not familiar with Weight Watchers, you are allowed "X" amount of points a day depending on your start weight and activity level. Each point is approximately worth 50 calories. I have not actually joined Weight Watchers this time round, but I do have all the booklets from the last time I joined so I am just following the program I did then. If it was supposed to work then, I'm sure it's supposed to work now.

No comments:

Post a Comment