Sunday, January 10, 2010

Flat Belly Diet - 4 Day Anti-Bloat Jumpstart

I started the 4 day anti-bloat jumpstart of the Flat Belly Diet on January 1st and I think I lost about 3 or 4 lbs. I am not sure of my start weight on January 1st as this was the day after New Year's Eve and to say the least, I indulged. I was not willing to get on the scale the morning of January 1st. In fact, I lay awake most of the night with a stomach ache due to the fact that after a month of eating very healthily on the No-Fail Diet , I was unable to tolerate greasy appetizers and pizza. The 4 day anti-bloat jump start is rather calorie restricted - I would guess 1000 calories/ day, possibly less. However, there is also a water concoction that you are to have 8 glasses of per day. You add mint leaves, minced ginger, lemon and cucumber slices to water. It's actually quite refreshing and I found it very easy to drink. It felt a bit like a detox which was well needed after New Year's Eve. I would imagine its rather helpful in aiding digestion as it contains ginger and lemon.
For the rest of the 28 days, I have an issue with having 4 - 400 calorie meals a day. My gut is telling me that I will not lose weight having 1600 calories a day so I sometimes eliminate 1 of the meals.
I have started weighing myself everyday again and this is a big no-no for me. I get discouraged if I go a few days without seeing any results on the scale so I am going to go back to weighing myself every 2 or 3 weeks. Stay posted for my likes, dislikes and results on the Flat Belly Diet!

2 comments:

  1. Very interesting - heard about you via a tweet, and I'll defintely be checking back to see how you're doing. Plus, I'm inspired. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep up the good work. Now that the holidays are over it sounds like you are back on track. I would recommend that you stick to the diet as prescribed by the author. It you do not eat enough calories your body stops burning fat and starts burning muscle which in turn slows down your metabolism and the mechanism for healthy weight loss. Keep your eye on the long term goal of healthy weight loss that will last.

    ReplyDelete