Thursday, March 25, 2010

The Eat Clean Diet Recharged! - Getting Motivated

I thought I'd fill you in on The Eat Clean Diet Recharged! by Tosca Reno. It’s sensible and some of the principles of the diet are as follows:
• Eat six small meals a day – each meal to have a combination of lean protein and complex carbs
• Eat breakfast everyday
• Eat 2-3 servings of healthy fat every day
• Drink 2-3 liters of water each day
• Adhere to proper portion sizes
• Carry a cooler packed with clean food
Now, I have to admit, I started this diet half heartedly 11 days ago. I feel I had my motivation sucked out of me after spending six weeks on the Beck Diet Solution and only losing 3 lbs. I have since had a long talk with myself and asked why I started to do this in the first place. I want change and I'm not going to get it doing the same old thing. I have to persevere!

I also have had to change some of my diet selections. I was really looking forward to sinful delights like chocolate and ice-cream on The Devil’s Diet by Anita Lover. When the book arrived in the mail, I anxiously began reading it only to discover The Devil’s Diet requires you to cheat on your spouse for weight loss motivation. Well, I no longer have a spouse and if I did, I wouldn’t cheat anyway!

I don’t think I’ll be doing The Biggest loser either. I found the version I picked up was rather vague when discussing food substitutes. For example, 3 ounces of chicken is equivalent to how many eggs or ounces of fish or beef?

So You Think You’re Fat & Ugly Diet by Donald Wayne Eaker seemed to have some information that was a bit outdated. Under suggested fats, it recommended margarine but said to use olive oil only sparingly. Most diet experts today would agree with using olive oil sparingly simply because its fat but would prefer it be used more so than margarine.

My search is back on for healthy but different diets. If you have any suggestions, let me know. Wish me luck this month with my weight loss!

No comments:

Post a Comment